Saturday, October 2, 2010

Making Jewelry With Lampwork Beads

Unlike many husbands out there, my husband is actually banned from buying me a jewelry.  I started making lampwork beads so that I would always wear something unique.


The center bead was created two days before moving to Arizona (it shares a birthday with bear and frog beads).  Smaller beads were purchased at a bead store in Texas.  This Southwest-inspired choker necklace has been quite useful this summer.


I have no idea when I made these beads.  It had to be 5 years ago or so.  There beads are tied at each end of a long black string.  I use it as a necklace most of the time but it was convenient to tie rolled-up cloth I was using as picnic blanket with this string when I went to a music festival.  I clipped it to my pack with a small carebiner.

No comments:

Post a Comment