Sunday, November 21, 2010

Holiday Craft Market


Fall craft market is open this weekend (Fri-Sun) at Tucson Museum of Art.  I missed their spring market for a bigger craft fair on Mill Avenue in Tempe this spring so I was looking forward to visit fall market.  There were more than 100 artists and crafters with wide variety of work in pottery, fiber art, glass jewelry, recycle art, paintings, and in other forms.  I stopped at most booth to take a look, however, I was mainly searching for ceramic pieces I can use everyday.  My search was cut short when I found two small Japanese-style rice bowls at Museum's pottery studio.  There were pottery studio students' pieces for sale and it was fun to see individual styles and creativity.  The rice bowls were made by 'Saito', a fairly common Japanese family name, according to the signature on the bottom of the bowls. 


The rice bowls are pictured in the front.  The bowl in the back row has beautiful purple color outside and eggshell-white inside with rustic finish.  As soon as it jumped in my sight, I knew I wasn't leaving the store without it.  I found it at a store on 4th Avenue in Tucson and a sales person at the store told me that it was created by local artist.  I haven't decided what I want to use the purple bowl for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment