Thursday, December 2, 2010

My First Blanket

At last I finished the blanket I had been knitting on and off since last March.  I'm so grad that I finished it---it's getting pretty cold and I can definitely use another blanket.  With the morning temperature of 26F, I can only imagine where 'snow birds' in this town come from to avoid extreme winter. 


The blanket is only about 42"x42" but it is stretchy and is big enough to cover my lap on the couch.  It's very warm and comfy!  The yarns I used for this blanket were pretty bulky so I knitted with 10mm needles.  I made 3 strips and stitched them together.  Three layers of single crochet trimming with a 5mm hook and bulky army green yarns completed the blanket.  I'm going to try knitting my next blanket with a circular needle which I have never used before.  Well, there's a first time for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment