Thursday, March 17, 2011

Earring Rack and Earrings

The necklace stand is still intact and helping me stay organized.  My earrings were next things on my "things to organize" list.  I found a simple photo frame with a slot for two sheets of glass in the middle at TJMaxx.  The generous depth of this frame allowed me to run three lines on one side and two sets on the other side to accommodate earrings with various lengths.



After attaching eyelets, I realized that I didn't have suitable wire for this project.  I could have ran to the hardware store nearby...but sometimes it's fun to experiment and try to use what I have at home.


After trying everything in my toolbox and supply box, I decided to go with hemp string and polymer clay beads I made about the time I bought the hemp string years ago.  The Gorilla glue was used to keep strings and beads in place.
 

 This baby blue-red pair was the first pair of earrings I ever made with my own glass beads.


 The multi-colored cube beads came from a craft supply store. 


These polymer clay beads were coated with away too much shiny coating.  I learned that I prefer polymer clay's natural look.


I've had these beads (top and bottom) for a long time.  Right after purchasing these beads, I found out that some people make their own beads(!!!) and jumped right into the wonderful world of lampwork beads. 

1 comment:

  1. You have such great ideas. Who would've thought to use a picture frame as a rack for earrings? This would be a thoughful gift for someone who has tons of earrings. So I'm stealing it! =D

    ReplyDelete