Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lampwork Animals!

Last February, 2 days before moving to Arizona, I found a bottle of MAPP gas and I didn't want it to go waste.  My bead-making kit was already boxed up, however, I had nothing else to do in an empty house all alone.  Even my PCs were packed! 

After making some ordinary beads, I decided to be a little more playful.

I've seen animal-shaped beads in magazines and shops but I have never tried making one myself.

This is my first bear bead.  I emphasize FIRST---I know he's not the prettiest bear.  I still think he's cute in the same sense that French bulldogs and pugs appeal to us.


The only problem I have with this bead is that I have no idea how I can incorporate this bead in my jewelry.

How would you wear a bear?

I guess I have the same issue with the second bead I made as well.


Frog bead! 

Although (personally) animal beads are not easy to use, these were fun to make and are cute to look at. 
I think I'll be making some more animal beads when I start making beads this fall as soon as temperature drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment