Friday, December 24, 2010

Handspun Yarns

Spinning might be the most time consuming thing in craft category I've ever done!  It is not for people who need yarn right away.  After spinning a 2-ply, a single ply and a short single ply, I had to soak yarns and then dry them overnight.  I added a small amount of gentle dish soap with cedarwood-mint scent.  The yarns still smell nice even after rinsing and drying.



This 2-ply yarn is mainly brown-peach with some random yellow, orange and light blue fiber mixed in.  Brown mixed with lots of warm colors gave nice warm feel to this yarn.



This single-ply is mostly brown-dark green with nice splash of warm colors.  I can't wait to knit with this yarn.



The last one is the brightest one and I'll probably end up using this one as an accent.

All the roving or batts I used for these yarns came from Unique Design by Kathy.  Last Saturday, I joined Kathy and other spinners to spin together and chat.  Everyone brought in own spinning wheel so I was the only one with a hand spindle.  Big thanks to those ladies who answered my never-ending questions!  I've been spinning for 2weeks now and I have lots of questions.  There are some good tutorial videos on YouTube that I found very useful.  I'll be spinning more after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment