Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holiday Decorations

Generally, I'm not into decorating for the holidays.  When I was organizing garage and found several bags of pine cones, I knew I had to make something out of them.  Making a wreath first popped in my head but I didn't have all the materials I needed.  Then, planters and dishes caught my eyes.  I grabbed my cheapo glue gun and all the glue sticks I got and start assembling the pine cones.


This is my pine cone 'tree' with gold ribbon.  I had enough pine cones to make another one for the patio table as well.  I only used the materials I had at home: lots of pine cones, pot & dish, glue gun and about 10 glue sticks, and gold ribbons.  First, I wanted to use wire to tie pine cones together, but the old pine cones were too fragile to wrap wire around.  I'm hoping glue is strong enough to last through the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment