Saturday, May 7, 2011

Horseback Riding in Sonoita

My husband had a surprise for me on March 20.  He told me not to plan anything that day so that we can go hiking.  A hiking wasn't exactly what he was planning to do---he took me to my first horseback riding in Sonoita, Arizona.  First, we had brunch at a small restaurant called Canela Bistro with pleasant ambiance.  We both enjoyed house made smoked machaca & eggs.  

He booked horseback riding with Arizona Horseback Experience.  There were 7 others (5 from out of state) riding that afternoon, but I was the only person without prior riding experience.  The lucky horse who had to let the beginner ride on his back was Chief, a 23 year-old horse. 


Chief didn't act like an old man, I mean horse.  As his name suggests (although that's not why he was named Chief), he wanted to lead the group and he followed right behind the horse a guide was riding.  He made my first 3-hour horseback riding very memorable.  I really enjoyed riding on a beautiful sunny Sunday.  It was truly a nice surprise.


Next day, my inner thighs were sore from riding as my husband predicted.  It was well worth the pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment