Thursday, January 13, 2011

Japanese Bookmarks

As a result of downsizing, we're still going through boxes and sorting the stuff to keep, donate, or discard.  I found a handful of used Japanese stamps and beautiful chopstick bags in one of the boxes and a sheet of laminating film from another.  It was a case I made something out of necessity.  I was reading a book and I didn't own a bookmark (bookmarks magically disappear for some reason), and I needed something to replace a receipt I was using as a bookmark.


I don't remember where these chopstick bags came from---probably a restaurant or a hot spring resort in Japan.  These are handmade with real dried flowers.  I added chiyogami (an origami paper) on the back.


Used Japanese stamps also got a makeover.  I had just enough laminating film to make 4 bookmarks. 


 These bookmarks will make reading books even more enjoyable.  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment