Sunday, January 9, 2011

Kitty Cat Shrooms

The lizard cat toy is starting to look tired after multiple violent attacks by two cats.  I crocheted two mushroom shaped catnip toys and gave them to the monsters on Christmas morning.  These shrooms hold a lot more catnip than the lizard toy.  Entire shroom cap and most of the stem is filled with catnip! 


My cats tend to hold cat toys with their front legs and scratch with back legs.  I make their toys a lot bigger than the store-bought cat toys so that they can grab and scratch a little easily.


Bigger toy means more nip inside.  There's very little fiber stuffing in these shrooms.  I hope I didn't OD my cats. 



Crocheted toys are tough enough to take continuous beating.  I usually use leftover yarn from other projects so it doesn't cost much to make catnip toys.  Now I keep a big jar of catnip at home and I'm ready to make one whenever my cats need a new one.


I forgot to take pictures of mushrooms before giving them to my cats. This is how they looked a week later.  I wonder if crocheted toys are strong enough for dogs.  I might make one to try it on my brother-in-law's puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment