Thursday, January 6, 2011

One-Eyed Alien

Deciding what to give my preteen niece for Christmas was easy since she requested a necklace with handmade lampwork beads.  She chose a necklace with green beads as I expected.  It was a bit of challenge picking a right gift for her younger brother.  Then, I remembered what my niece said when she saw Octy.  She thought her brother would like an alien like Octy if it didn't have big lips.  A picture of an alien with a big open mouth popped in my head and I started to crochet according to my sketch---I usually draw a simple design on a scrap paper.


This is the finished one-eyed alien.  He became cuter than I thought he would be.  I almost kept it for myself!


My nephew was surprised that I made it for him.  I'm just soooo happy that he loves the squishy alien!  I think I'm going to crochet another one to add to the alien family.

No comments:

Post a Comment